Privacy Notice for California Residents
Last updated: February 4, 2022
This notice is provided by TCI Fund Management Limited ("Investment Manager"), the investment manager of TCI Real Estate Partners Fund I LP, TCI Real Estate Partners Fund I Limited, TCI Real Estate Partners Fund II LP, TCI Real Estate Partners Fund II Limited, TCI Real Estate Partners Fund III LP, TCI Real Estate Partners Fund III Limited, TCI REP Co-Investment II LP, TCI REP Co-Inv III LP and all other funds and other entities managed by TCI Fund Management Limited from time to time (the "Funds") and contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), is only relevant to residents of California, and applies only to the collection or other use of “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA.
In this notice, "TCI", "we", "us" and "our", refer to the Investment Manager and the Funds. This notice is compatible with .pdf character recognition software, which can be printed, so as to enable residents with disabilities to access this notice.
Information We Collect
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information about California residents:
- Identifiers: A real name, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar personal identifiers; and
- Other personal information categories, as listed in the California Customer Records statute: A signature, telephone number or financial information (such as investment history and risk profile).
We collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- your communications with us; or
- certain service providers, including, but not limited to the Funds’ administrator, brokers or third parties responsible for conducting identity verification or anti-money-laundering checks on prospective investors.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- providing you with information about our investment products and services;
- one or more of the following business purposes:
- performing the investment services you have requested, manage and administer your holdings in the Fund and correspond with you;
- provide support to you in respect of our investment services;
- comply with any applicable legal, tax or regulatory obligations which are imposed on us, the Funds, or our third-party service providers, including those which derive from anti-money laundering and counter- terrorism legislation;
- detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- internal operations; and
- activities to maintain and improve our services, system and website, such as to update and maintain records and provide NAV and other calculations.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in one or more of the categories identified above to:
- service providers, including but not limited to, the Funds’ administrator, auditors and law firms;
- affiliates of the Investment Manager and/or the Funds;
- legal or government regulatory authorities as required by applicable law; and
- in connection with a potential business transfer.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold any personal information we collect to third parties, and we have shared the categories of personal information we collect only as set forth above.
Rights of California Residents
The CCPA provides a California consumer the following rights, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- the right to request:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information;
- our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of your personal information (if any) that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- for certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the past 12 months and the names and addresses of those third parties;
- the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you;
- the right to opt out of our sale(s) (if any) of your personal information; and
- the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
You may submit requests relating to your exercise of rights under the CCPA to us:
via phone: +44 (0) 2074402333;
We may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request. In verifying requests, we will require you to provide, at a minimum your phone number and email address.
If we are unable to verify your identity, we will need to deny your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf. In such case, we will ask the agent to provide proof that you have given the agent signed permission to act on your behalf. In addition, we will ask you to (1) verify your identity directly with us in the manner described above and (2) directly confirm with us that you have provided the agent permission to make the request on your behalf.